I ran half a marathon the other day. That’s 13,109 miles, or 21,0976km. Everything hurts, but I reached the finish line.
It’s a bad idea to use
Postgres 16 came out, a version with a higher major version, that requires manual updating of databases. When you let docker do the job, the service fails. But that’s neither docker nor postgres to blame, that’s exactly how it should be.
Rather unrelated and not really something I learned new today, BUT! still a good idea to write about: Icebreakers and Warmup exercieses for Online-meetings. We still live in a world of remote collaboration and hybrid work. The team that I work for these days never met, at least for the largest part. To move away from pure information distribution, it’s a good idea to ask a few questions, e.g.:
- “How do you feel today”? (Scale 1-5)
- What did you learn this week?
- What are your plans for the Weekend?
- What did you achieve this week?
- How stressful was the past week for you?
- How much time did you take for lunch?
to get everybody in the virtual room involved. Makes much cozier meetings.